Blogger

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

U.S.A Got Jacked!!

Dear World,

I'm so mad. The United States of America got jacked when it came to the women's uneven bars. Nastia Liukin had the same score as the gold medalist but because of one judge gave her .1 lower that gave the medal to China. If it was any other sport they would have given out two gold medals.

Article from yahoo.com

He and Liukin both finished with 16.725. They had identical 7.7 start values (the measure of a routine’s difficulty) and they each had a 9.025 for execution after the highest and lowest of the six judges’ marks were tossed out. The execution mark is based on the perfect 10 scale, and the first tie-break takes the average of the four deductions that counted. He and Liukin were still tied after that.

For the second tie-break, the three lowest deductions that counted are averaged. When that was done, He had .933 in deductions and Liukin had .966.

Got that?

“I’m a little disappointed I tied,” Liukin said. “It wasn’t like I got second by three-tenths or five-tenths. I had the same score. That’s what makes it a little harder to take.”

Not that Liukin will raise a fuss about it.

“Scoring is scoring, that’s our sport,” she said. “In other sports, like track and field, it’s all timed and it doesn’t have anything to do with judging. You do your routine and you turn it over to the judges. That’s what we’ve been going through our entire lives and we’ve come to accept it.”


Goodbye,

The Office Dunderhead :)

No comments: